Wednesday, December 17, 2008

New disease that only affects mothers...

I think it is called MADD, no wait, I believe that name is taken. But I can't remember. There are a lot of things I cannot remember lately, but maybe it is because of all of the stress and goings on in preparation for the biggest and most stressful event of the year. Yes--you guessed it. My mother is coming to visit. I've been busying about cleaning so that my mother will think I have changed and that I am not as messy as I actually am.

So, in my whirlwind cleaning tour, which has been derailed by brownies and milk at least once, I made a big blunder. I woke up to get the baby and change him early one morning. There was a strange sound coming from the kitchen. My heart sank, I thought the dishwasher was broken. The dishwasher is my favorite appliance (please don't tell the fridge). So I was listening to it, inspecting it, and examining it to see where this noise was coming from;then I noticed that someone had left the faucet on all night long. Yes, I was sure for about 10 seconds that it was not possibly my fault. But then I decided that since nothing was damaged, and nothing overflowed, that it was ok if it was my fault. We all know that serious mistakes need to be blamed on someone else, right? right?!

Yes, in my haste, I was filling up a pot to soak, which would not fit into the dishwasher and while it filled, MADD (not the organization) Mother Attention Deficit Disorder got the best of me. Yes, I shut off the light and went on my merry way, cleaning and tidying up, never to go back into the kitchen that night. And I left the water on, all night long.





You Are Boggle



You are an incredibly creative and resourceful person.

You're able to dig deep and think outside the box to get things done.

You are a non linear thinker. You don't like following directions

You draw your inspiration from the strangest places sometimes. You're constantly inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment